Spring is just around the corner. Clek, the award-winning car seat manufacturer known for its ease-of-use and modern design, has shared with us a few of their simple suggestions for how to clean and refresh your child’s car seat.
1. When it comes to your child’s car seat, safety is always first, so be sure not to use any harsh chemical cleaning products, soaps or scrubs.
2. Avoid disassembling the seat itself and do not wash any straps or detachable devices in the washing machine (this can cause deterioration, and potentially damage your car seat). A damp cloth may be used on the straps.
3. Mix two cups of warm water with one teaspoon of enzyme laundry detergent (e.g. Nature Clean or Tide Free) to form a mixture that works well on most stains.
4. Follow these simple steps to spot cleaning your messy seat:
Remove excess soil (can use a soft brush or a vacuum)
Apply the soap mixture to the stained area
Agitate stain with a soft brush
Allow solution to remain on stain for one minute
Blot up the stain with a dry, white towel
Thoroughly rinse any remaining soap (can use a spray bottle with water to do this) and blot the area again
Repeat if necessary
5. Go the extra mile with a do-it-yourself, organic, fabric refresher spray:
Fill a spray bottle with a diluted vinegar and water solution
Add half a teaspoon of essential oil (whichever your preference, can even mix them to create a custom scent)
Add half a teaspoon of vegetable glycerin, to help emulsify the essential oil(s)
Move harness straps to the side so as not spray them
This entry was posted in Parenting Skills 101 and tagged car seat, clek, spring cleaning
. Bookmark the permalink
. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.