OVIEDO MALL CELEBRATES TAX FREE SHOPPING WITH
BACK TO SCHOOL BASH
& AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT EXPO
PLAYGROUND Magazine returns to Oviedo Mall for the third year of their annual Back to School Bash & After School Enrichment Expo. The event will be held on Saturday, August 3rd, from 12 p.m.-4 p.m. throughout the mall. This free family event will feature three kiddie fashion shows, DJ dance party, indoor rock climbing wall, interactive activities, swag bags, and after school enrichment vendors. Families can enjoy in store activities with Sears, Mad Science, Teddy Mountain, Spoil Me Sweet Bakery, and more. The Back to School Bash & After School Enrichment Expo is sponsored by Primrose School of Oviedo, Boing! Jump Center, After Hours Pediatrics, and The Event Specialists.
Kiddie Fashion Shows
Your little fashionistas can rock the latest fashion on their first day back to school. Come check out the newest trends all available at the Oviedo Mall.
12 p.m. Macy’s & Gymboree
2 p.m. Dillard’s
4 p.m. Sears & The Children’s Place
Hair Styling by Regis Hairstyles; Accessories by Claire’s; Shoes courtesy of The Shoe Dept., Payless & Foot Locker
- Face painting @ the Primrose School of Oviedo table
- Wii Dance Party & Wood Kit Building @ Sears
- Cupcake decorating @ Spoil Me Sweet (4 cupcakes for $5)
- Mad science projects @ Mad Science
- Free face painting @ Teddy Mountain
- Recycled art projects @ the Craft Shack table
- Spin the prize wheel @ the After Hours Pediatrics table
- Sand Art @ the KinderCare Oviedo table
- Bean bag toss @ the Studio 5D Dynasty Dance table
- Instrument petting zoo @ the Kindermusik table
- Play along @ the Seminole Music Together table
Winter Cover Casting Call
PLAYGROUND Magazine will also be holding a casting call for their winter issue cover family, during the event, inside Ashton Photography. Interested families should visit Ashton Photography, in their new location across from Modern Furniture Gallery, between 12 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Tax Free Weekend
Tax free shopping is available Friday, August 2 through Sunday, August 4. Oviedo Mall will be open regular mall hours for shoppers to shop and prepare for the upcoming school year. Oviedo Mall hosts a wide variety of stores, to make tax free back to school shopping a breeze for families, such as The Children’s Place, Justice, Journey’s, Payless ShoeSource, Claire’s, The Shoe Dept., Foot Locker, Champs Sports and Gymboree.